Thursday, September 25, 2014

Day 426 September 22 111 mi Little Diversion Anchorage Mississippi River


We are on the Mississippi River.....218 miles of the Mighty Mississippi and as they say....."liquid brown mud".....
We depart from Hoppies Marina at 6:25 AM with 52 degrees on the bridge....Mile 158.5.....
We are the first boat to depart since we are at the end of the wall and if we do not hit a log crossing the river the other 6 boats will join us.






























As far as Chester IL























Tower Rock Landmark


Mississippi is very turbulent


Bill Emmerson Bridge in Cape Girardeau IL








Neat shot


Little Diversion Channel....our anchorage tonight...mile 48.8


Where do I go for my walk?????


Our group of 6 boats plus one already there


Well you know......"Docktails".....


11 of us on the bridge


nice anchorage....no current which is good with this many boats


We have traveled 111 miles today in 10 hours


Steve handled the shuttle service to the Nanseann



Very shallow up by the bridge

When I went to download my pictures this evening my computer went south.....crashed....burned....I wanted to cry......so....so happy I save everything on a stick.....
Need to see the computer man when I get home.....but until then hope I can publish the blog.....don't know about anything else...



































































































































Day on the Mississippi













No comments:

Post a Comment